Monday, March 7, 2011

Kale chips..

are AMAZING- and good for you. I first heard of them on one of the blogs I follow (can't remember which one) and thought they sounded pretty good. I forgot all about them until the other day while in the grocery store with Kevin and the kids. So, I picked up a bunch. Tonight while the kids were getting ready for bed I decided to make it.. I rinsed the kale off, and then ripped it into bite size pieces. I put all of the pieces into a mixing bowl, and then drizzled EVOO on top and mixed by hand to make sure all pieces were evenly coated. I then put some season all and black pepper and laid them out on a cookie sheet (covered in parchment paper for easy clean up) I baked them at 350 for 10ish minutes.. you can tell when they are getting close to done.. they will crunch. Be careful.. they will burn if you don't check them regularly (the burnt ones weren't that bad- and now I know for next time to make the sizes more uniform). Anyway, they crunch like a chip and are good for you. Try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment